25 Rules for Mothers of Daughters

To all you mothers of daughters...hope you are having a great start to the week. I just wanted to share this precious post I stumbled upon today. Simply WUNDERBAR!! I´m going to go cuddle my baby girl now. :) xxx

pic: Maya and I

pic via just quotes

25 Rules for Mothers of Daughters

1. Paint her nails. Then let her scratch it off and dirty them up. Teach her to care about her appearance, and then quickly remind her that living and having fun is most important.

12. Believe in her. It is the moments that she does not believe in herself that she will need you to believe enough for both of you. Whether it is a spelling test in the first grade, a big game or recital, a first date, or the first day of college…remind her of the independent and capable woman you have taught her to be. 

24. Comfort her. Because sometimes you just need your mommy. When she is sick, rub her back, make her soup and cover her in blankets- no matter how old she is. Someday, if she is giving birth to her own child, push her hair out of her face, encourage her, and tell her how beautiful she is. These are the moments she will remember you for. And someday when her husband rubs her back in attempt to comfort her...she may just whisper, "I need my mommy." 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails